Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Less than 6 weeks to the US Outdoor Track Champs

It's safe to say that I'm fully recovered from Payton Jordan with a week of solid tempo running under my belt. I started the week conservatively with a 4-mile tempo on the track, restricting myself to 19:00 and throwing in some 200s after to get the legs moving after the 10 days of easy running. I took advantage of a visit by fellow marathoner Scott MacPherson and had some company for this one. My luck continued when I was invited to join the Dan Browne's WCAP team for a 10-mile tempo on Friday. It was refreshing to take advantage of training partners for the second time that week and switch leads every mile or two on the way to a 49:28 finish. With two tempos under my belt, I'm looking forward to getting 4 weeks of aggressive track workouts in leading up to the US Outdoor Track Championships in Eugene at the end of June.

Tonight I'll be joined by another extremely talented runner for a tough 10 x 500 meter workout at Roosevelt High School in Portland. Check in next week for the details. Thanks again for reading, and follow me here on Twitter for more updates.


Week 24 AM PM Strength/Drills Mileage
Monday 11.5 5.5 40 minutes 17
Tuesday 5.5 4 mile tempo @ 19:02 + 6 x 200 meters @ 29 17
Wednesday 14 off 40 minutes 14
Thursday 11 5 + drills and strides 16
Friday 10 mile tempo @ 49:28 off 18
Saturday 12 off 40 minutes 14
Sunday 5 10 + drills and strides 14
TOTAL 110

No comments:

Post a Comment