Thursday, October 6, 2016

Less than 5 weeks to the TCS New York City Marathon: Last week's training

I had a down week in terms of volume planned for last week, and with long workouts Wednesday and Sunday, I didn't have much room for easy running in between. Both workouts went well though, so I suppose the rest paid off. Now I'm ready for a few more weeks in the 110 range over a 6 day training period. That will be as high as I get this training block in order to ensure the end of my injury cycle. I am banking on the last decade of high volume to carry me through on strength and allow myself to focus on the quality of a couple hard sessions per week. 

The Wednesday workout surprised me a bit. I have done this 4 mile, 3 mile, 2 mile, 1 mile breakdown during most marathon blocks in the past, but I believe this was the best overall average to date. To be running some of my best threshold workouts while getting in long, hilly, grueling long runs should put me in position to have my best New York race to date. A month is still plenty of time to get hurt, however, so I have to keep plugging away without overdoing it. My two most challenging long runs of the training block are coming up over the next two weeks. If they go well, I will have all the confidence I need for November 6th. 

Thanks again for reading, and feel free to check out last week's training below. 

Weeks to go: 5 AM PM Strength Mileage
Monday 80 minutes aqua jogging off 1 hour 0
Tuesday 11.5 5.5 + drills and strides 17
Wednesday 4 mi, 3 mi, 2 mi 1 mi @ 18:54, 14:07, 9:20, 4:39 40 minutes elliptical 40 minutes 16
Thursday 10 off 10
Friday 12 8 x 200 meter hills 18
Saturday 8 1 hour aqua jogging 40 minutes 8
Sunday 23 miles, hilly Fairmount loop, 18-22 @ 4:57, 5:32 overall average off 23
TOTAL 92

2 comments:

  1. I missed the last TCS New York City Marathon, but looking forward to participating in the next one. Anyway, nice post and keep doing the great work by sharing such informative news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. شركة مكافحة الحشرات بالدمام
    عندما تحتاج الحشرات منزلك وتبنى عشها وتحفر فى المنازل والعفش والثقوب والحوائط والارضيات وتتوغل الى المواسير للصرف الصحى ايضا كل ما عليك التواصل معنا شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام لكى نخلصك من الحشرات بشكل نهائى وكل هذا بأقل التكاليف وبأعلى جوده فأننا نعمل على اكتشاف المصل الاصلى الذى يقضى على الحشرا بشكل نهائى دون عوده عن طريق القضاء على الجهاز الهضمى للحشره بكافه انواعها من حشرات طائره لحشرات زاحفه او حشرات سامه او حشرات غير سامه تقوم بالقضاء على كافه الحشرات من صراصير وفئران ونمل ابيض وبراغيت نحارب الحشرات جميعا .
    لان لدينا كافه الاجهزه التى تقضى على الحشرات بشكل نهائى وذلك لان لدينا احدث الاجهزه التى تصل الى الحشرات فى اى مكان مختبئ من ثقوب وجحور نصل الى بيوت الحشرات الاساسيه ويتم القضاء عليها على ايدى افضل العماله الماهره التى تقضى على الحشرات بشكل نهائى دون الرجوع مره اخرى فنحن لدينا افضل طاقم عمل مدرب ومجهز على اعلى مستوى لكى تقضى على الحشرات بشكل غير قابل للعوده وكل هذا لضمان صحتك وصحة اسرتك دون اى تعب او مجهود او اى مبالغ كبيره مع ضمان الجوده العاليه فى الاداء نحن شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام نقوم بالقضاء على كافة انواع الحشرات التى تؤرق معيشتك وتعوق تقدمك وتضر بصحتك وانت لا تستطيع القضاء عليها ولكن نحن حرصا عليك عزيزى العميل نقوم بخدمة مكافحة حشرات بشكل نهائى دون عوده مع ضمان التعقيم الكامل للمكان المصاب .
    لمزيد من خدماتنا
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
    للتواصل
    0537772829
    لزيارة موقعنا
    https://forsan-dmm.com/

    ReplyDelete