Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Less than 7 weeks to the TCS New York City Marathon: Last week's training

This week was taken purely as recovery following the half-marathon and also traveling back from Europe to Portland. I typically have no trouble sleeping on the plane, making recovery much easier, but it turns out that a 9 month old makes that slightly more difficult. With both those things in mind, we decided to take this week easy, and build back into volume. I was much more sore than I expected after Great North, so I'm confident that being conservative at this point is the right decision. We still have 6.5 weeks until the race, so plenty of time for more quality workouts and long runs.

Unfortunately this is a fairly boring week to post, but in reality, 80% of marathon training is tedious and unexciting. That's why I don't mind going it mostly alone this time of year; I can knock out miles all day, but the shorter, high intensity workouts are where you really count on others to get you through. I also throw 8-10 podcasts on my Ipod Shuffle, so I have a wide variety depending on my mood that day. Anything from comedy to history to politics...I always appreciate recommendations. Send them to me on Facebook or on Twitter if you have the time.

Last week's training is below and follow me here on Twitter for more updates.

100
Monday
9/10/2018
 6 miles slow recovery jog

Tuesday
9/11/2018
 AM: 12 miles slow recovery jog
PM: 5 miles slow recovery jog

Wednesday
9/12/2018
 Off, travel from Prague to Portland

Thursday
9/13/2018
AM: 14 miles + 45 minutes core/strength
PM: 6 miles

Friday
9/14/2018
 AM: 14 miles + drills and strides
PM: 6 miles

Saturday
9/15/2018
AM: 14 miles + 40 minutes core/strength
PM: 6 miles

Sunday
9/16/2018
18 miles easy

No comments:

Post a Comment